LAHORE: Hindu pilgrims who were earlier stopped at the Wagah Border from entering India staged a protest.
Following the protest, these pilgrims will be allowed to travel to India after the immigration process is complete.
100 Hindu pilgrims had been stopped at the Wagah Border by Rangers due to issues with their immigration documents.
Rangers officials said the pilgrims would be allowed to enter India when their No Objection Certificates (NOCs) were received.
On Thursday, Interior Minister Rehman Malik termed the migration of families belonging to Hindu community from Jacobabad as a conspiracy against Pakistan.
The minister, while replying to a question about the migration of 60 Hindu families to India, said the government had been determined to provide complete security to the minorities.
Meanwhile, Sindh Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah on Thursday took notice of the purported migration of Hindu families from Jacobabad to India on account of the perceived law and order situation.
The chief minister directed the Minister for Excise, Mukesh Kumar Chawla, to visit Jacobabad and inquire into the matter and submit a report within three days.
A section of the media reported on Wednesday that around 60 Hindu families had migrated to India due to insecurity.
The report said that migration of Hindu families mostly in Jacobabad and Ghotki districts had started around six to eight months ago on account of the fear triggered by the poor law and order situation in addition to alleged forced conversions.